October 10, 2008

Down For the Count

What is it that people say, "I feel like I've been run over by a truck"? Well, the truck ran me over and then backed up to run me over again! I haven't been this sick in a long time. Travelling is always risky business for the immune system, I suppose. I am in the last stages of this horrible bug that I somehow acquired shortly after our return from our recent trip to the mainland. It was worth it. We had lots of fun. But here I am, with my raspy voice and my horribly chapped nose, popping over-the-counter drugs and sucking on a throat lozenge. And if you know me well, you know it is a desperate situation if I am popping pills. I tried a bunch, but I have to say that Mucinex is good stuff. What is it with those bizarre commercials anyway? As a mom I strongly feel that we should be exempt from the whole sick thing. No mommy should have to function this way. At least I have a little comic relief. Phoebe's walking around pretending to hack something up in her throat and then spits in a cup or the toilet. It is lovely. And we can now say that she learned this one from her mother!!!

No comments: