December 16, 2008

Having a Moment

Okay, I am having a bit of a bah-humbug moment. You see, I asked my wonderful husband to put lights up this year. Actually, I ask him every year and well, my request has finally been granted.

Xee spent a good chunk of time yesterday hanging icicle lights around the front of our home and to his dismay, when he went to plug them in he realized that he had goofed up somewhere along the way and ended up with a female end of the plug...can't plug that into the outlet. So off he goes to fix it. He switches a few strands around and voila-lights! At least for a few seconds. They are bright and beautiful and Phoebe is in awe and THEN... darkness. What?

Alright, time for Xee to investigate. He moves his ladder along, plugging each individual strand into the extension cord and concludes that it is the last set that must be faulty. Today we run over to K-Mart (c'mon people...TARGET isn't open yet) and exchange the strand for a new one. Off we go to run some more errands and then home to fix the lights. And Xee is up on the ladder once more. Hang the new lights, plug them all in AND yes! Lights are working. So I think. A few minutes later I run out to grab the mail-that's it. I give up! What is with these lights?

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: