February 17, 2009

The Rain Falls

How appropriate that it is storming outside. Drops of rain are beating down upon the framework of this house. And upon my heart. Yesterday morning, around four a.m., my dad left this world and was welcomed into heaven. His broken body could no longer fight. Most of my dad's life was spent striving, working so hard just to make it by each month...working himself harder and harder to make up for past mistakes. He has finally stopped working and now he can rejoice!

The past week has been a gift. The Lord orchestrated the details that we might spend the very last days of my dad's life by his side. Holding his hand, caressing his head, offering him love. I am still in shock and will continue to digest and grieve and weep for this loss. Thank you so much for your continued love and support.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey,
I was just playing with Kaiana and you popped in my head so I decided to check your blog. I am so deeply sorry for your loss and pray with you that "God's peace that transcends our understanding has garrison and mounted guard over our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus"
Thinking of you,
Patrice

The Euless Martins said...

Dear dear Audrey...sometimes it seems as if the pain of life is too much to bear but then our Lord comes and eases our sorrows. Please know your dad is with my parents and they are getting to know one another -- congratulating themselves on raising good children. Our prayers are with you
and may your family and friends serve as a source of strength. With heartfelt sorrow, Linda & Don

Laurel said...

Oh, honey. I can honestly say that I relate to this most difficult circumstance. Losing my dad--so unexpectedly--was the hardest thing I have had to do so far in my life. I am deeply, deeply sorry for you and for your family. As much faith as I have in knowing that I will see him again, I still miss him, here and now. It seems that that hole in my heart will remain, just with less sting.

What a blessing to be able to be with your father in these last earthly moments. Expressions of love have gained that much greater significance after my experience with Dad. In the end, it is all that matters.

May God grant you peace. I am praying for you, with much love and empathy. xoxo