February 14, 2009

Update

So I disappeared from the blog sphere for a bit and I am hanging out here tonight to escape, if only for a few minutes. For those who don't know, my dad was diagnosed with Leukemia two weeks ago. I have been in California for a little over a week and will be here for five more days. The rug has been somewhat swept out from under me. I find myself facing something I thought would come much later in life for me. It has been very overwhelming, and I can't quite find the words to describe it all. I just want to thank everyone for the wonderful outpouring of love and support for me and my family during this time. My dad has been especially blessed knowing there are so many people praying for him.

Though I am emotionally exhausted, I have had a tremendous amount of peace throughout this experience. God is so good. He is faithful. In His word, He tells us to "...be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication, make your requests known to God, and the peace that passes all understanding will be yours in Christ Jesus."

I am so thankful for that. I have found myself daydreaming about the possibility of rewinding the clock just a couple of weeks... when the regular daily routine was the occupation of my time and thoughts. Now I am here in the midst of this, seeking wisdom, praying often, holding my daughter tightly, telling people that I love them.

Tell someone you love them.

1 comment:

The Euless Martins said...

Sweet Audrey,
I heard about the sad news from Xee when I emailed to make sure you were okay after the hurricane. Please know you and your dad are both in our thoughts and our prayers. Your words are again so deeply touching. God has given you so many wonderful gifts and you use them beautifully.