May 1, 2010

Help Ben Make a Difference

Okay, I was SOOOO... sore after that last run...for like, four days! For that reason (and the fact that it has been quite muggy around here lately), I have stuck to walking the last few workouts. Today I headed out to my favorite spot, the lagoons here in Ko Olina. Gorgeous! The first thing I saw when I arrived...my boat.

February marked the anniversary of my dad's entrance into heaven. Though that day was not easy, I celebrated. Afterall, I don't think my dad is missing this life, as much as we may be missing him in it. In honor of my dad, we recently sponsored our dear friend, Ben, who is currently training for an endurance race in June, to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. You can support Ben too. To learn more about it, or to make a donation, visit his site http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/ambbr10/bwicke.

I am still feeling a bit word-challenged, so today I will revisit a post that was driven more by the sheer need to write it than by being inspired to. I guess that's when true inspiration comes.
Click HERE to read about my boat...and a little bit about my journey as a runner.

No comments: