August 24, 2010

This Extra Ordinary Life

Every day life can be so hectic and overwhelming at times. I am reading a book right now that has blown me away, offered profound perspective, and has prompted me to give thanks throughout the day for even the most mundane of things....because they are not mundane to some. They are not even so mundane to me, when I actually take the time to stop and relish in them. So even though I often feel exhausted and overwhelmed, I have much to be thankful for. Today was a busy day, an ordinary day. Here are a few things I enjoyed about it.


Highlights From My Ordinary Day

  • No headaches (the absence of pain is quite lovely as of lately)
  • Big brown eyes and a bright smile to rouse me awake
  • Ham and eggs
  • Singing praise songs and dancing around the living room
  • A high-five for producing one amazing number "8"
  • Little hands slather sunscreen where I cannot reach
  • A cool dip in the pool
  • Watching my little fish tirelessly swim, and swim, and swim some more
  • The warmth of the sun on my back, a breeze softly brushes my face
  • Tutus, wands, and feathers swishing about the ballet studio with giggles galore
  • Sharing a smoothie with my favorite girl
  • Shopping for new underwear!
  • A glorious sunset on the drive home
  • Sweeping clouds resemble giant birds, gliding side by side in the evening sky
  • Making a necklace out of plastic beads
  • A four-year-old offers to massage my feet
  • New life fluttering inside me
  • Alphabet soup
  • Chocolate dessert
  • The click of the front door- my husband returns home from work
  • His hand rubbing my swollen belly
  • Bedtime chatter
  • Silence
  • Her breath on my skin as she surrenders to childhood dreams
  • Nice hot shower
  • Snoring man
  • Midnight snack
  • Soft, cozy pillow
  • 3 pages in my book
  • Heavy eyelids
  • Big exhale
  • Peace

3 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

Love it! Sounds like my day multiplied by 7!!
God Bless,
Cindy

The Euless Martins said...

Extra Ordinary Blog!

M. Fritze said...

I LOVED THAT. seriously beautiful. thank you!!