September 2, 2010

Progress Report

Alright, so I realized the other day that most of you aren't able to track baby's progress by checkin' out my growing belly. You are just too far away. Sorry I haven't posted more pictures. I will do my best to keep you updated.

I am feeling great and the headaches have decreased to almost none! Hooray! I am always wishing I had the opportunity for a daily nap, and I currently have the appetite of a 16-year-old boy. Our family continues to grow excited at the anticipation of meeting this little one in my belly, who, by the way gets very active both when I eat, and of course, when I am sleeping (or trying anyway).

This is what I like to refer to as "the beautiful phase". Everyone tells you how beautiful you are, and well, you believe every word and take it all in. People have yet to say things like, "Are you sure you're not having twins?", "Wow! You sure have gotten BIG!", and "Gee, your face is so...puffy!" These are not figments of my imagination...only sweet memories of being prego with my darling Phoebe. Despite my super healthy diet and exercise regime back then, I managed to gain a whopping 57 lbs! The midwife was as shocked as I was, but could not complain about my diet and therefore summed it up to be that I just had "a lot of water".

So far I am way under the amount of pounds gained last time around and I am convinced that I have Miss Phoebe to thank for that. I think I am still burning more calories than I can possibly pack in during the day! Whatever happens, I am just hoping not to have to give away every single pair of shoes I own and start over with a half-size bigger foot this time around! Seriously though, I love being pregnant. It is a privilege to be the vessel for this new little life to develop. There is no greater honor or joy in this life for me. What a sheer blessing it is to be a mother.



4 comments:

Jana said...

Oh Audrey You ARE BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see you little one too

Esla said...

you look great!

M. Fritze said...

you are looking darling, as usual!! sorry i haven't had any computer time to keep up with you!! miss you!

The Euless Martins said...

It seems so long since I had a chance to catch up with your blessed life. Thank you for posting ~ beautiful pictures, loving family, truly a blessed life. You look wonderful...I just LOVE my Phoebe updates...can't wait to see all of you in November! (we are arriving on Oct. 30th and will be scattering Don's brother ashes on the 2nd or 3rd...will keep you updated.) Hugs and love to all 3 1/2 of you. Love!!!