September 6, 2010

IT'S A .......

So Friday was the big day. Our long awaited trip to the "baby doctor", as Phoebe refers to him. With my first pregnancy, we wanted that magical moment. The months and months of anticipation for that one amazing announcement: "It's a...." And when Phoebe was born my response was, "Of course it's a girl." It didn't seem to surprise me. What a magical moment, meeting her face to face. There are few things in life that compare.

This time around, Xee made it pretty clear from the get-go that he wanted to find out. He needed to know. He wanted to be prepared. "Okay," I said. We could do it that way this time. And so Daddy took the day off on Friday, and the three of us headed out the door, on our way to take a peek!

We arrive at the office...I'm feeling a tad bit nervous-I've never done it this way before. How will I feel?....A cold squirt of gel on my belly...the wand swirls round and round. Long pauses and measurements taken by the doc...baby is moving all over the place...And then...THEN he tells us the big news.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Well, these things are never 100% sure, but I can confidently say that I am at least 85% sure."

Tears welled up in my eyes. This moment was more special than I had expected. We are so happy to know this kiddo in a more intimate way. Hello baby!

Is the suspense killing you?

Well, have a look for yourself...


Is it clear to you? Anyone having trouble? Hint: That is not an arm, or a leg, or an extra-long nose....

IT'S A BOY!!

We are very excited about meeting our little guy. Finding out this incredible news just confirmed what I have felt in my heart these last 19 weeks. Xee and I have always believed we would have one girl and one boy (at least), and we believed God placed that desire in our hearts that He might later fulfill that promise in our lives.

Names? Don't ask....some things must remain a mystery!

And Phoebe? What was her initial reaction?

As we left the office, I said in an excited voice, "So kiddo,what do you think? A baby brother!"

Her response: "URGH!"

Later that afternoon we stopped by a park to play. Daddy started asking her all kinds of questions about what she was going to teach her brother when he arrived. She just kept her quick stride toward the swings and sighed, "I don't want to talk about it!"

The baby brother thing has grown on her a bit in the last few days. Though her opinion that girls are better still weighs heavily, she is already obsessed with finding boy presents for her younger sibling, and she wants to know when she can start sleeping with him.

We are all still digesting the fact that another person will be joining our family in another 21 weeks or so. Very exciting! We will keep you all posted.

Wave goodbye, baby!


6 comments:

Esla said...

holy cow! congratulations. yeah! i've been watching your posts for awhile and have been wanting to write something but never really new what to say or how. but i have to now...i am practically the exact same weeks pregnant as you! we are having a girl though. i'm due jan. 31st? you? I am so excited for you that you are having a boy and will have one of each. :) congratulations again and i look forward to more of your upcoming posts. :) many of your followers are right, you really know how to write and word things...you make me cry (in a good way) almost every time.

Jennifer Gilson said...

OMG! A little boy! I am so excited for you! Boys are so fun! What a wonderful time for you and Xee and Pheobe too!

Laurel said...

Wow, that's exciting! As the mom of a girl and then a boy, I can tell you that it is a fantastic combination. They are great little playmates. Logan can boss her brother all she wants and he just seems to take it in stride. And there's less sibling rivalry since they have their own pastimes and interests, and no one expects him to be a carbon copy of her. It's a great combo!

You look fanstastic, by the way. I have to admit that seeing your pregnant belly made me want to be there again. It is such a miracle to feel that baby move inside you, all that life and your body's amazing ability to accomodate it. I hardly remember the feeling. It seems like it was just a dream sometimes. Enjoy it as as much as possible for me, okay?

Love to you Xee and cute Phoebe! xoxo

Chrissy said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. I am sure that Xee is over the moon. I know Phoebe will be a great big sister.

MOMS BEST BET said...

SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you all:)

M. Fritze said...

yay! we love boys! congrats sweetie. i cannot imagine a cooler older sister that phoebe will be!!