April 30, 2009

The Toddler Teaches

Each morning, I set aside a short time for Phoebe and I to start our day with prayer and a scripture reading. In almost all of our activities together, Phoebe limits the time that I am in charge...and ultimately takes over. This morning she took the Bible out of my hands and said, "Okay, you the kid. I am the mommy."

"Okay, Mommy," I said.

Phoebe turned the pages of the Bible, "Um, this page says, 'God is awesome.'"

"Yes, He is awesome."

Turning the page again, she read on, "God is love...And He is NOT really naughty!"

Out of the mouth of a babe. This simple truth.

Thank you Lord, for revealing Yourself to me today, through the wisdom of a child....and thanks for letting me know, that some of the stuff I teach her is sinking in!!!

Praise Him, Praise Him, all you little children. God is love, God is love.
Praise Him, Praise Him, all you little children. God is love, God is love.

2 comments:

The Euless Martins said...

She is truly an amazing little girl! Full of love and life -- just like Mom and Dad.

M. Fritze said...

you are doing an amazing job with her! i feel like i "get" where you are everyday because i saw her in full action!! pray for energy!