January 19, 2011

Magical Moment of the Day

This is what I woke up to this morning....click, clack, click, clack....fancy dress up shoes cheerfully waltz into my room. A pink ballerina-girl adorned with many jewels and lots of swirly hand gestures announces, "Okay, Kid. I am the Mommy and GUESS WHAT! It's your birthday! I'm baking you a cake and it's got colorful sprinkles, and yummy frosting, and....."

My eyes barely crack open to see this lovely, little girl that seems to have changed again overnight, blossoming more and more into this little lady of mine. Silly, yet quite refined. In my groggy morning voice I reply, "Ooh-la-la! A birthday cake-for Me?"

"Oh yes, we are having a celebration. I have made a very SPECIAL cake and your friends are all here waiting, and oh yes, here is a card and your present...a very fancy birthday crown, just for you, Kid."

I sit up to receive this royal gesture and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror with the crown upon my head-disheveled hair, swollen belly protruding from jammies, eyes half-open and a huge grin upon my face...

and I think to myself, "I LOVE MY LIFE!"

Leave me a comment...I would love to hear your magical moments too!

No comments: