January 7, 2009

Tango for Three

The other day we were in the car heading to church. I was driving and Xee was in the back entertaining Phoebe. At one point she asked him if she could have his ring. As she tugged on his wedding band he said, "It is much too big for you."

"But I want it," she said. Daddy said ,"No. Sorry, you can't have it."

"Why you have this ring? Why?"

I interjected, "Because it shows that Daddy and Mommy are married."

"Oh, mawwied. Hmmm. Daddy dances with Mommy?......You dance wiff eachodder?

We both started to laugh. "Well...yeah, Phoebe. That is exactly right. This is a bit of a dance."

Funny...and insightful words from our two-year-old. And very true indeed.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

The funniest thing is how the dance is constantly changing and growing, too! She's such a doll! When Logan was just a wee thing, maybe four, she was obsessed with my wedding ring. Then one day she asked if she "could have it when I died." Creepy. But yeah, I suppose you can. :0)