January 21, 2009

Continued...

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We just like to be with each other. We can watch a movie at home, sit quietly and read together on our linai, or watch the sun go down at the beach. We have always enjoyed one another's company... everything in life is better when we share the experiece. Now that I think about it, and it is the coolest thing, I realize that we have tried lots of things for the first time, side by side. One thing that has always been a common interest is physical fitness. We like to take hikes or kyak, do Pilate's, etc. When we had more free time together (before starting a family) we went to the gym a lot. We mostly did our own thing, but I never grew tired of checking him out from across the room!


12. Do you have children? One very amazing Phoebe. We are hoping to have at least one more child, Lord willing.


13. Does he have hidden talents? He does some pretty impressive origami, and he is known to juggle from time to time. Some people don't know that he was a cheer leader in college...it was a way to meet girls at first, but he was really good! Also, he can recite just about every scene from Forest Gump.


14. How old is he? He just turned 34 on New Year's Day. Oh boy, I am not far behind him...we are rapidly approaching that hill.


15. Who said I love you first? Well, early on in our relationship I mouthed it to him after he fell asleep in my lap. I don't know if that counts, but I was falling so quickly in love with him, yet a little too overwhelmed to say it out loud. He was first to profess his love to me. I only remember this because he also later said, "Just remember who said it first." After eight years of marriage, we still say it every day and we have little symbolic ways of saying it too. It's a little silly, but whenever one of us puts toothpaste on the other's toothbrush...we know it translates, "I love you."


16. His favorite music? On our first date it was clear that this boy liked Country. He has a big heart and he loves those big-hearted Country folk. He also loves Praise and Worship music. His favorite instrument is the cello. And his all-time favorite band is Bon Jovi. Okay, his music taste is pretty varied. I love to listen to him sing in the shower.


17. What do you admire most about him? Hmmm. Him. I admire him. I love that he gets choked up over touching movies (and commercials), that he makes me laugh so hard I think I might pee, that he was the first true gentleman in my life. I love that he is the only other person on the planet who loves Phoebe as I do. I love knowing that the security I feel as his partner and friend is not just for a season, but for a lifetime. And when I get a case of the crazies, as we mommies do, he assures me that he loves me anyway. Ah...true love.


18. What is his favorite color? Blue


19. Will he read this? Yeah, he knows I am writing about him right now.


20. Who do you tag? A few of my friends who blog have already done this, but anyone who hasn't, you're IT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey and Xee!

I finally checked the BLOG! We have a prolific writer in the midst... I want to read more about the Her's. Each blog captures so much life- real life. I love it! I feel like I'm there with you. 2 people I love so much are allowing me to enter into their day to day moments- the priceless moments that most people never talk about. I can just picture Phoebe saying the cute things you posted. I didn't know Xee liked Bon Jovi- I did too. And what's up with the workouts on the beach? Sounds fun. You guys are hot too! Seriously, thank you for reminding me to smile at the small things and cheirsh the relationships God has put in my life. We have so much to learn from each other. I am encouraged reading your blogs! Love, Lara

The Euless Martins said...

You are such a gifted author! It is spiritual and, at the same time, inspirational. My heart warms when I read your blog - thank you! I didn't know Xee's birthday was January 1st -- Don's is January 2nd! They are only 36 years and 364 days apart...they are serious and methodical men of integrity. We are both blessed. Give beautiful Phoebe a kiss from Yinda, hug Xee and have him hug you. Thank you for putting a smile on my face!

Laurel said...

Xee sings in the shower? I love it!! That is a great picture of you two. And you are still far, far away from that hill. I know because I'm nearing the base. I'm hoping the view on the way up is worth it! :0) xoxo